Nanotechnology is a multidisciplinary field of discovery. Scientists working in physics, chemistry, biology, engineering, information technology, metrology, and other fields are contributing to today's research breakthroughs.
- The worldwide employees? necessary to support the field of nanotechnology is expected at 2 million by 2015. How do the Islamic countries educational systems train these workers and how do students choose the proper educational path for their interests?
- As in other fields, a passion for science is developed while students are young and an introduction to the many facets of nanotechnology will present the basis for future educational opportunities.
- Curriculum development is beginning. At present, but, only few degree programs in the field are on hand worldwide.
?List of Educational Resources:
- http://pkeducation.org:?Preston Institute of Nano Science and Technology (PINSAT), Preston University for the first time in Pakistan is offering 4-year BS degree program in Nano Science and Technology.
- Saudi Arabia is aiming to open an international research centre dedicated to nano-manufacturing the production of materials at the nanoscale.The Center of Excellence in Nano?manufacturing Applications (CENA) is a joint venture between the King Abdulaziz City of Science and Technology (KACST) and technology giant, Intel Corporation. The centre will be based in?Riyadh, the Saudi capital, and is expected to open in 2010. (http://www.scidev.net/en/news/saudi-arabia-sets-up-nanotechnology-facility-.html)